Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add FS2004 aircraft to FSX

3 posters

Go down

How to add FS2004 aircraft to FSX Empty How to add FS2004 aircraft to FSX

Post  MikeAlphaTango Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:55 am

General instructions to add FS2004 aircraft to FSX scratch :

1. Copy the Aircraft folder e.g. "Posky 737-800 AAL" to \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\

2. Copy the contents of the effects folder (files that end with .fx) to \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects\

3. Copy the contents of the gauges folder to \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\

4. Copy the contents of the sound folder to \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\ (NOTE: Only if there is a separate sound folder outside the aircraft folder. Do not copy the contents of the sound folder inside the aircraft folder e.g. \Posky 737-800 AAL\sound)

Number 2,3 and 4 are only relevant if there are folders named like that. Now the aircraft will be available in the aircraft selection menu upon next start of FSX. If you like a thumbnail image for the FS2004 aircraft like the default FSX aircraft, you need to make a screenshot of the aircraft and resize it to 256x128 pixels (use a image editor like photoshop, paintshop or whatever you prefer). Make sure the image format is JPG and name it "thumbnail.jpg". Then copy the image to each texture folder inside the aircraft folder (e.g. \Posky 737-800 AAL\texture.aal).

It's too easy to do than to explain!

cheers

Last edited by MikeAlphaTango on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeAlphaTango
MikeAlphaTango

http://www.fsgreece.com

Back to top Go down

How to add FS2004 aircraft to FSX Empty Re: How to add FS2004 aircraft to FSX

Post  lgav Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 am

scratch
study
cheers

Thanks Wink
lgav
lgav

Back to top Go down

How to add FS2004 aircraft to FSX Empty Not working for me

Post  Aldaron47 Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:48 pm

I have followed the guideline but I didn't make it work!! any ideas? Is it possible to have so many aircrafts that now it can't accept more and show more?

Aldaron47

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeAlphaTango Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:24 am

Aldaron47 wrote:I have followed the guideline but I didn't make it work!! any ideas? Is it possible to have so many aircrafts that now it can't accept more and show more?

Unfortunately these tweaks don't work for all aircraft... Crying or Very sad
MikeAlphaTango
MikeAlphaTango

http://www.fsgreece.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down